The Snell Library renovation project has begun!
This top-to-bottom renovation of our building, which opened in 1990, will create welcoming and vibrant new spaces for studying and collaborating, with greatly improved areas for research, services, collections, and other resources.
The first phase of the renovation project began on May 16 with the main stairwell and elevators. Due to the construction, the following changes to building usage have been made:
- There is no access to the main stairwell and elevators. Visitors to the library can use the stairwell and elevator to the left of the entrance, all the way around the help desk and near the restrooms.
- Research Data Services, located on the 2nd floor, will have a temporary access door installed.
- The Office of the Dean’s Suite, located on the 3rd floor, can be accessed through the Office of Communications near Room 301.
- The Graduate Reading Room will be closed until the renovations on the 4th floor are completed.
- Archives and Special Collections, located in the basement, are closed as of May 31. Their reading room will be temporarily located in the Alumni Reading Room on the 1st floor.
Stay tuned for construction updates and more information about this exciting renovation project!