Work has begun on the first floor of Snell Library as part of the building-wide renovation project. Construction will take place in stages in order to cause as little disruption to building usage as possible.
The first stage will include work on the main entrance. Because of this, a temporary entrance will be created on the west side of the building, through the Snell Library Classrooms entrance. Work is currently being done to fully transition all traffic into the building through that door.
As a result, Snell Library will be closed on Friday, July 14, at 9 p.m. and will reopen Monday, July 17, at 9 a.m.
When the library reopens on July 17, some services and departments will be relocated or otherwise affected:
- The Campus Coffee and Tea Café will be closed for the remainder of the work.
- The Research Help Desk for drop-in reference assistance will be relocated to the main Help & Information Desk on the first floor.
- The Archives & Special Collections Reading Room will be relocated to the second floor, next to the Digital Scholarship Commons.
- The Hub of recreational reading material will be temporarily closed. However, all physical library books, including those featured in the Hub, remain available on request.
- CoLabs A-G will be unavailable.
- The Writing Center will be unavailable. Visit their website for more information about available services and locations.
Alternate study spaces are available around campus. Please visit Northeastern University Spaces to find other locations.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to renew Snell Library.