- Michael Carroll, Professor of Law, American University and founding Board Member, Creative Commons
- Matt Cooper, President, The National Association of Graduate-Professional Students
- Maricel Kann, Assistant Professor, University of Maryland and member, PubMed Central National Advisory Committee, NIH.
- Carlos Rossel, Publisher, The World Bank
- Neil Thakur, Special Assistant to the Deputy Director, Extramural Research, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
This week is the sixth International Open Access Week – a global event highlighting the importance of open access to information. We’re offering four events this week that focus on different aspects of Open Access. Today’s event is a webcast cosponsored by SPARC and the World Bank – it’s a 90-minute panel and Q&A moderated by Heather Joseph, the Executive Director of SPARC. The World Bank recently was named a SPARC Innovator for its open access policy and launch of an open data repository. The panelists are: