The Library’s Digital Media Design Studio (DMDS) closes its doors on August 21st. Beginning on August 26th, most of the Studio’s services will be distributed elsewhere in the library, while construction of an innovative landscape of improved facilities and services gets underway. Here is how we are addressing key services:
- Basic audio and video recording rooms will be temporarily available on the first floor in while construction for an improved suite of studios are built for spring term. Reservations to use the temporary studios will be available through a new booking system.
- Multimedia workstations with a full suite of software are available in the Digital Media Commons.
- Media equipment, such as video and audio recorders, will be available for check-out from the new first floor Help & Information Desk.
- Instructional sessions, workshops and support for multimedia projects will continue to be available to you and your students, either in your classroom or library location, as appropriate. Learn more about instruction here.
- We will assist you with media reformatting, duplication and digitization requests, in partnership with Terry Beadle of Academic Technology Services.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to assist with off-air recording requests during the fall.